Friday, March 6, 2009

Jacketflap, and OCD In Children

Today I joined Jacketflap, which is a site mainly for people who write books for children or young adults. I would like to thank Jacketflap's CEO, Tracy Grand, who wrote me a personal E-mail welcoming me to Jacketflap, and telling me that I would be welcome even if I didn't write children's books. I am grateful to Tracy for that because I believe that reading is very important for children, and what kids read can have a huge impact on their lives.

In my book OCD&ME, there is a chapter about OCD in chldren, and there are stories from my childhood, which was greatly affected by OCD. Because I didn't understand what was happening to me, I couldn't explain it to anyone, and as a result I endured much anxiety and suffering.

I hope that today's children will be able to understand OCD at an early age and get help before it becomes ingrained in them as adults. Thanks to sites like Jacketflap, there is now a community of information, as well as many resources which are available in order to help and nurture fragile, young lives.

No comments: